Friday, March 4, 2011

Mangy Beasts


The muse returns? I have had a dead period in my fiber arts life. Not sure that a body can sustain healing, creating and sustaining all at once. Off balance is a tricky venture. Being back in balance has allowed the muse to peek out once more but tentatively. Mangy beasts will be the testing ground. Here is one little dear who has a bit of an illusion of grandeur but he is still so grand. I hope to make more but am trying to get the courage to make them in vibrant fiber colors. A purple cat? A bright blue dog? I will try and see.

3 comments:

  1. He's cute! And I would think that a former preschool teacher would have no problem making purple cats and bright blue dogs! If three-year-olds can do it, then you can!

    I'm so glad that you've healed, and you're back in a creative phase again. That's a good sign, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see some other mangy beasts in your sidebar but the picture is too small. They look like real dogs, but I'm not wearing my glasses. Maybe this is a sign to get a new dog and to make art? A real life fluff ball with an illusion of grandeur perhaps? Glad you're feeling better. Movie time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must photo all your mangy and not-so-mangy beasts and share them. They're too cute!

    ReplyDelete