Saturday, May 2, 2009

mothers


With Mother's day fast approaching I reflect on mothers. The umbilical cord stretches across the distance to Mama and son. I am a mom, I have a mom, I crave a mom as I mourn the passage of young mother into old mother. Taking care of mom and reliving mom as that one who feeds and watches over with tenderness rooted in the reality we call life. My womb remembers being full of life. Grateful to have been given the gift of life. Mothers are connections between people who love each other. I am a mother. I am connected to life.

3 comments:

  1. The happiest day of my life. Click on the photo to see how young we were with Lucas and how happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm late to comment on this one, but I just loved seeing your happy face. You just look so happy! You were meant to be a mama, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for commenting Patricia. I am so blessed to be a mom twice over!

    ReplyDelete